John Brown Museum - Freedom Festival
Join us at John Brown Museum State Historic Site for two days of fun and history!
Activities for Saturday and Sunday:
- Frontier artisans demonstrations
- Modern arts and crafts fair
- Food vendors
- Special tours of museum with Mary Buster, great-great-granddaughter of Florella Brown Adair, the half-sister of John Brown. Hear family stories about John Brown and Bleeding Kansas not found in history books.
- 10 a.m. Civil War weapons and drill demonstration
- 11 a.m. Professor Farquar: The Great American Medicine Show
- 12 p.m. Civil War weapons and drill demonstration
- 1 p.m. Professor Farquar: The Great American Medicine Show
- 2 p.m. Kansas River Gang - Wild West gunfight
- 3 p.m. Professor Farquar: The Great American Medicine Show
- 4 p.m. Reenactment of the Battle of Osawatomie
- Dusk - night artillery and rifle firing demonstration
- 12 p.m. Grady Atwater, Site Administrator, John Brown Museum State Historic Site: "John Brown, Saint or Sinner?"
- 1 p.m. Reenactment of a battle between Union troops and Confederate partisans
- 2 p.m. Gospel concert
- 3 p.m. Mary Buster: portrayal of Florella Adair, the half-sister of John Brown
- 4 p.m. Kansas River Gang - Wild West gunfight
Admission is free. Schedule is subject to change.
Co-sponsored by the City of Osawatomie.
John Brown Museum is located at 10th and Main Streets, Osawatomie. For more information, call 913-755-4164.