Valentine Diners - Arizona - Page
- Business name: Bubba's Barbeque
- Street address: Lake Powell Boulevard
- Open or closed: Closed
- History: This Valentine originally was operated in Flagstaff as the Hi Way Diner and Chaunce's Diner. While local history says the diner opened in 1941, a 1982 newspaper photo suggests the building may actually date from after World War II (post-1945). As Chaunce's, it billed itself as having the "Best Hot Dog in Arizona." Chaunce and Dave Redeker owned it from 1979 until 1982, when they lost the lease for the land where the diner sat. The building was moved to Page in 1983, and it operated as Bubba's Barbeque for some time. Its current status is unknown.
- Model / serial number: Unknown
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Arizona - Page
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.