Valentine Diners - Colorado - Colorado Springs 02
Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Business name: King's Chef
- Street address: 110 East Costilla Street
- Open or closed: Open
- History: This 13-seat custom-built Valentine opened in 1956 at the corner of Tejon and Costilla streets. Two years later it was moved to its current location. Sam Johnson ran it for 30 years. The current owner, Gary Geiser, purchased the diner from Merl and Sandra Moore in 1997. To join the diner's Clean Plate Club, customers must eat all of "The Thing"-- two pieces of Texas toast, choice of meat, a mound of hash browns, and two eggs, all covered in green chili and shredded cheese. The meal reportedly stands about six inches high.
- Model / serial number: Unknown
King's Chef Diner website
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Colorado - Colorado Springs 02
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.