Valentine Diners - Illinois - Moline
- Business name: Caffe' Piccalo
- Street address: 421 14th Street
- Open or closed: Closed
- History: This 10-stool Valentine dates from ca. 1948. Alfred Smith bought the diner in 1957 and ran Al's Diner there for many years. In 1993 current owner Pamela Frankville purchased the diner from her mother, Virginia Farmer, and renamed it the Caffe' Piccalo (Farmer had operated it as Virginia's Diner for 15 years). The Caffe' Piccalo closed in 2007.
- Model / serial number: Unknown / 653
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Illinois - Moline
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.