Valentine Diners - Iowa - Decatur City
Decatur City, Iowa
- Business name: Dinky Diner
- Street address: 104 N.E. 4th Street
- Open or closed: Open
- History: This Valentine Diner was originally operated as the Elkhorn Diner at Ellsworth, Kansas. It was purchased by Vickie Reed and moved to Decatur City in April 2005, then reopened on August 5th of that year. Hand-breaded jumbo pork tenderloins are a specialty.
- Model / serial number: Double Deluxe / Unknown
Exterior, another view of front
Exterior, side view
Dinky Diner sign
Iowa Eateries website
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Iowa - Decatur City
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: August 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.