Valentine Diners - Iowa - Mason City
Mason City, Iowa
- Business name: Suzie Q Cafe
- Street address: 14 Second Street NW
- Open or closed: Open
- History: The Suzie Q is a 10-stool Valentine. Renus Lytle operated the business from 1948 to 1961. Mazie Long owned it for a year thereafter, then sold it to Charlotte "Charlie" Klatt, who ran it until 1985. Frank Holmes next operated the diner for 11 years. The following owners were Marlin and Mary Butz, who sold it to Jim and Cindy Pike in 1997. The current owner is Troy Levenhagen.
- Model / serial number: Little Chef / Unknown
Des Moines blog: Susie-Q Cafe
Mason City Virtual Tours (Note: this link opens a large 360-degree image of diner interior)
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Iowa - Mason City
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.