Valentine Diners - Kansas - Ellinwood 02
- Business name: Krueger's Liquor Store
- Street address: 104 W. Santa Fe Avenue (U.S. 56)
- Open or closed: Closed
- History: Veterinarian C. A. "Doc" Krueger purchased the building and it was delivered to the present location in July 1949 for use as a liquor store. Its grand opening was August 9, 1949. Son-in-law Dan Dierolf took over the business when his wife Adriana inherited the business from her father.
Dierolf's liquor store was the last business in the building. In 1992 or 1993 it was sold to Larry Panning, George Miller, and Willy Schultz. Current owners William L. Starr and James J. Elliott purchased it in 2002. They plan to remove the siding, which was added when a car hit it, and restore the building to its original appearance.
- Model / serial number: Liquor Store / #746
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Kansas - Ellinwood 02
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.