Valentine Diners - Kansas - Garnett
- Business name: Unknown
- Street address: Unknown
- Open or closed: Closed; moved to Lane
- History: The original owner of this diner was Lee Hughes of Garnett, who purchased the 10-stool diner new in September 1953 for $7,800. Hughes added the red and yellow tile to the interior after the original white paint became discolored from the grease. The tile was easier to clean. While in Garnett it also was operated by Tom Lamb. Leonard Starit purchased the diner and moved it to Richmond. The building currently is in Lane.
- Model / serial number: Unknown model / 1228
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Kansas - Garnett
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.