Valentine Diners - Kansas - Richmond
- Business name: No Place Like Holmes Diner
- Street address: U.S. 59 Highway; later moved to Rantoul and (currently) Lane
- Open or closed: Closed; moved to Lane
- History: The original owner of this diner was Lee Hughes of Garnett, who purchased the 10-stool diner new in September 1953 for $7,800. While in Garnett it also was operated by Tom Lamb. In either 1962 or '64, Leonard Starit purchased the diner and moved it to Richmond, where it was operated as Starit's Drive In until 1984. Nancy Burroughs then purchased the diner and ran it as Nancy's Drive In for two years. In 1986 the diner was purchased by Dale Holmes. By the end of the decade the building was in Rantoul, and is now in Lane.
- Model / serial number: Unknown model / 1228
Exterior, opposite side view
Interior, cook station view
Interior, opposite side view
Restaurant order pad
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Kansas - Richmond
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.