Valentine Diners - Kansas - Smith Center
Smith Center, Kansas
- Business name: Paul's Cafe
- Street address: 114 E. Hwy 36
- Open or closed: Open
- History: A 1959 postcard (pictured at right) indicates that this building was owned by Paul and Gleam Manchester. In 1999, a newspaper article indicated a coffee club called "As the Kidney Spins" met there daily. The diner has been heavily remodeled and expanded, but current window and door placement suggests part of the original diner is still there.
- Model / serial number: Unknown
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Kansas - Smith Center
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.