Valentine Diners - Kansas - Topeka 01
- Business name: Bill's Diner
- Street address: 2134 N. Kansas Avenue
- Open or closed: Open
- History: Originally opened as Don's Drive-In, this Valentine dates to 1971. Patty Wiltz took over the restaurant from Don Harrison on March 31, 1995, and renamed it Patty's Place. Lori Balandran operated the diner as L & J's Cafe. Since June 2010, Bill Brading and Lee Browning have owned the building. Aside from standard diner fare, Bill's Diner serves Wild Bill Burgers and Wild Willie hot dogs, topped with jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, and chili.
- Model / serial number: Quick Food / Unknown
Exterior, front, as Patty's Place
Exterior, side view, as Patty's Place
Exterior sign, Patty's Place
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Kansas - Topeka 01
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.