Valentine Diners - Kansas - Wichita 01
- Business name: Calvin's Hamburger Haven
- Street address: 1929 South Seneca
- Open / closed: Calvin's is open, but the business is no longer in a Valentine building
- History: In 1952, William Calvin opened the original Calvin's Hamburger Haven at 1526 South Seneca, operating the business in a 1946 Valentine building. In 1960 Louie "Red" Costner bought it and ran it until 1983. Gail Griffin purchased it that year, and in 1990 moved the diner to 1929 South Seneca. Today, the Valentine building itself is gone, but Calvin's is operated in a strip mall at the same address.
- Model / serial number: Unknown
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Kansas - Wichita 01
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.