Valentine Diners - Nevada - Reno
- Business name: U.S. Auto Title Loan
- Street address: 1300 South Virginia Street
- Open or closed: Open as lending business
- History: This diner opened as Landrum's Hamburger System No. 1 in 1947. Shipped to Reno on a flatbed railroad car, it was placed in Reno's warehouse district. After original owner Lowell Landrum died in 1953, the diner was sold to Olive Calvert who ran it until 1986. The 8-stool diner was famous for its chili-cheese omelet. Helen Lewis bought Landrum's in the 1980s and called it the Chili Cheez Cafe. The diner closed in 2000 and became a real estate office, and is now a U.S. Auto Title Loan office. The diner was placed on the National Register in 1999.
- Model / serial number: Unknown
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Nevada - Reno
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.