Valentine Diners - Ohio - Cleveland
- Business name: Charlie's Restaurant
- Street address: 2102 Brookpark Rd.
- Open or closed: Open
- History: The Valentine portion of this diner faces on Brookpark Road, and it has been altered considerably. A brick addition makes it L-shaped, and the interior is heavily remodeled, but window placement and ductwork look like Valentine's handiwork. Charlie's is also known as the "Doghouse Diner," and is known for hot dogs and malted waffles. This diner opened in 1952, and was the first restaurant in The Dog House chain (Merry's Diary Barr in Canton was another restaurant in this chain).
- Model / serial number: Unknown
- Additional images: None available
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Ohio - Cleveland
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: August 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.