Valentine Diners - Oklahoma - Chickasha
- Business name: Brees Diner
- Street address: 3609 South 16th
- Open or closed: Open during events at Muscle Car Ranch
- History: This Valentine building appears to date from the early 1950s (although the history of the Brees Diner goes back to 1925). Originally operated by Roe Brees, the business was sold to Pete McCaughtry, who ran it until the early 1970s. At some point, the diner was used as a storage building near the town of Alex, Oklahoma. It eventually was moved to the Muscle Car Ranch, an open air museum in Chickasha, where it has been restored and is open during special events.
- Model / serial number: Unknown
Visit Muscle Car Ranch web site
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Oklahoma - Chickasha
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.