Valentine Diners - Oklahoma - Clinton
- Business name: Route 66 Diner
- Street address: Oklahoma Route 66 Museum, 2229 West Gary Blvd.
- Open or closed: Open as a museum
- History: The diner opened in 1956 as the Porter House Cafe in Shamrock, Texas. The owners, M.L. and Alta Porter, ran it until 1964. The Oklahoma Route 66 Museum acquired it in 2002, restored it, and placed it on the museum grounds at Clinton.
- Model / serial number: Unknown / Unknown
Interior, with museum volunteer
Exterior, before restoration
Explore the Valentine story:
- Find Valentines in Kansas
- Find Valentines in other states
- How can you tell it's a Valentine?
- History of Valentine diners
- Valentine business chronology
- Arthur Valentine biography
Entry: Valentine Diners - Oklahoma - Clinton
Author: Kansas Historical Society
Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history.
Date Created: July 2014
Date Modified: July 2014
The author of this article is solely responsible for its content.