Corps of Discovery - Extension
The teaching manual for this trunk was created to serve a variety of school-age classroom audiences from lower elementary through middle school.The materials contained in the trunk can also be used in a variety of ways with other types of groups or organizations.
Girl Scouts Activities
Brownie Girl Scouts
Eco-Explorer - 5. Speak up for Animals - Some animals that live on the earth are endangered. If we do not protect them, they will be gone forever.
- Lesson to accompany this activity: Lesson 6. "Great Numbers of Buffalow."
Cub Scouts Achievement
Your Flag - c. Tell how to respect and take care of the U.S. flag; g. With the help of another person, fold the U.S. flag.
- Lesson 5: The First Independence in Kansas.
Country - 5. Sharing Your World with Wildlife; e. Name one animal that is on the endangered species list.
- Lesson 6. "Great Numbers of Buffalow."
- Lesson 4: Lewis & Clark Among the Indians.
Academics: Geography - 4. On a map, trace the routes of some famous explorers.
- Lesson 1: Lewis and Clark in Kansas
- Lesson 2: On the Trail with Lewis and Clark
- Lesson 3: Explorers in Kansas
- Lewis & Clark Adventure Game.
Boy Scouts Requirements
Environmental Science Merit Badge - e. Endangered Species 1. Do research on one endangered species found in your state.
- Lesson 6. "Great Numbers of Buffalow"