Discovery Place is our hands-on gallery for children through the age of nine. It's the perfect space to inspire the imagination.
Intriguing stations include Laura's Cabin, Oregon Trail, and a Plains Indian tipi. Adult supervision is required. Children can hop aboard a locomotive and passenger car, dress up like a cowboy, cook on a wood stove, arrange furniture in a doll house, or put on a puppet play.
- Open to the public 1-4:30 p.m. Tuesday - Friday; 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday; 1-4:30 p.m. Sunday
- If not reserved open 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tuesday - Friday
Discovery Place can be reserved at no additional charge by groups with a paid Museum admission. This is the perfect place for children's birthday parties. All reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. If there are no reservations, Discovery Place will be open to the public. Adult supervision is required.
- 785-272-8681 ext 414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tuesday - Friday
- Closed Mondays and state holidays
- Free parking and picnic areas
- ADA accessible
- Wheelchairs/strollers available
- Snack area