Discovery Place - Plan
- Open to the public 1-4:30 p.m. Tuesday - Sunday.
- Open 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday if not reserved
- Available by reservation at no additional charge to groups with a paid museum admission; 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tuesday - Friday
- Available by reservation 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Saturday for birthday parties $
- Museum Store open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday; 1 - 5 p.m. Sunday
- Closed Mondays and state holidays, including New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, please check our calendar.
Take exit 356/Wanamaker Road on I-70 in western Topeka (map at right). Turn north, enter the roundabout, and follow the signs directing you west. We are surrounded by prairie and woodlands on 80 acres.
Public transportation is available through Topeka Transit via the #5 West 6th or #7 Huntoon purple routes, Social Security stop. NOTE: Requires walking and service is limited.
Enjoy four different loops on our nature trail. Open dawn to dusk.
- Kansas Museum of History $
- Free parking and picnic areas
- ADA accessible
- Wheelchairs/strollers available
- Snack area
Shop our Museum Store during visiting hours for a wide selection of gifts and books.