Grinter Place - Plan your visit
We invite you to visit Grinter Place and discover more about this important place in Kansas history.
Open May - October
9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Wednesday - Friday
- Closed state holidays
- $3 adults; $1 students; Kansas Historical Foundation members and children five and younger admitted free
- Portions ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- Closed state holidays, please check our calendar
- For groups of more than 10, we request two weeks prior notice.
- Lean more about tours: Early Settlers, River Trade, and Prairie Life.
- Site administrator; 913-299-0373
- Available for facility rental
- Shop for gifts, souvenirs, and the famous Grinter Place Friends recipe - apple butter.
- Became a state site in 1971
- In Kansapedia
- In Kansas Memory
- National Register nomination, listed in 1970