Kansas Museum of History - Tours
The Kansas Museum of History in Topeka offers guided and self-guided tours for class visits. These tours provide visual and hands-on learning about Kansas history. Tours require a minimum of 10 participants and two weeks prior notice. Confirmation will be made by email or by phone.
Tour prices range from $3-$7.
- Bleeding Kansas and the Civil War (7th-8th grade)
- American Indian Homes in Kansas (1st grade)
- Lucy Goes to Oregon (Pre-K to 2nd grade)
- Museum Gallery Highlights (4th grade-adult)
- Oregon or Bust! (4th grade)
- Risk Takers and Pizza Makers (4th grade)
- Rural School Days (1st-6th grade, one hour tour)
- Rural School Days (4th-5th grade, four hour activity)
- Wagons, Wheels, and Wings (2nd grade)
- Westward Ho! (4th grade)
- Wichita: People of the Grass Lodge (1st grade)
For those who prefer to lead their own group, we offer self-guided tours that include a walk on the nature trail. These self-guided visits still must register at least two weeks in advance.
The State Archives, located at the same complex in Topeka, also offers guided tours, which are scheduled separately.