Guidelines for Traveling Resource Trunks
Traveling Resource Trunks
- are loaned out only within the state of Kansas.
- are available for up to four weeks and should be reserved a minimum of two weeks in advance. All reservations begin and end on Wednesdays.
- may be picked up at the borrower's convenience at the Kansas Historical Society in Topeka or shipped at no extra cost to borrowers outside of Shawnee County. Return arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the borrower.
- are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Some trunk schedules fill up quickly so please plan ahead and make your reservations early. Reservations are currently being taken for the current and the next school year.
- can be requested online using the online request form or by calling the trunk scheduler at 785-272-8681, ext. 419. Your order will not be final until you receive an e-mail or written confirmation.
- have a $30 handling fee for each trunk reservation. Borrowers will be invoiced a month before their reservation begins. Handling fees are refundable for cancellations with a minimum of two weeks notice.
- must be returned on time to assure that trunks reach their next destination in time. The date a trunk is due back is included on the trunk confirmation and on the paperwork inside the trunk. If shipping a trunk back please allow at least two days shipping time.
- should be inventoried when they arrive and before they are returned. An inventory sheet is provided in each trunk for this purpose.
- may be used as the instructor sees fit; however, please keep in mind that many more students will be using the trunk, and in the years to come. Borrowers are not liable for wear and tear on the trunk contents as a result of normal use. They are responsible for the care and security of the trunk while it is in their possession. Any damage or loss that occurs due to abuse or neglect of the trunk or its contents is the responsibility of the borrower.
- The curriculum materials in the trunk may be reproduced for educational purposes only, and then must credit the Kansas Historical Society. Reproducing curriculum materials for any other purpose is prohibited without written permission from the Kansas Historical Society.
- Questions or concerns about a specific trunk, or the Traveling Resource Trunk program in general, should be directed to the Education and Outreach Division of the Kansas Historical Society, 6425 SW 6th Avenue, Topeka, KS, 66615-1099; 785-272-8681, ext. 425; or firstname.lastname@example.org.