Hollenberg Pony Express Station - Plan your visit
We invite you to visit Hollenberg Pony Express Station and discover more about this important place in Kansas history.
- 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- May - October: Wednesday - Saturday
- Closed holidays
- $3 adults; $1 students; Kansas Historical Foundation members and children five and younger admitted free
- Portions ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- For groups of more than 10, we request two weeks prior notice.
- Discover more about tours: Wagons Ho for the Oregon-California Trail
- Site administrator Megan Sothan
- A trail connects the visitor center and the historic station and features a garden with native plants and grasses.
- A picnic area is located nearby the grove of trees.
- Gifts and souvenirs related to Hollenberg Pony Express Station can be found in the Museum Store.
- Became a state site in 1942
- In Kansapedia
- In Kansas Memory
- National Register nomination, listed in 1961
- National Historic Landmark, added in 1966