Indian Homes in Kansas Trunk - Kansas Curricular Standards
The Indian Homes in Kansas traveling resource trunk correlates to the first grade Kansas Curricular Standards in the following areas:
Kansas Standards for History, Government, and Social Studies
Standard #4: Societies experience continuity and change over time.
- Benchmark 4.1: The student will recognize and evaluate continuity and change over time and its impact on individuals, institutions, communities, states, and nations.
Standard #5: Relationships among people, places, ideas, and environments are dynamic.
- Benchmark 5.1: The student will recognize and evaluate dynamic relationships that impact lives in communities, states, and nations.
Kansas College and Career Ready Standards
Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details #3: Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
- Craft and Structure #6: Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provide by the words in a text.
- Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity #10: With prompting and support, read informational texts appropriately complex for grade 1.
Reading Standards for Foundational Skills
- Fluency #4: Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
Speaking and Listening Standards
- Comprehension and Collaboration #1: Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 1 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- Comprehension and Collaboration #3: Ask and answer questions about what a speaker says in order to gather additional information or clarify something that is not understood.
Return to the Indian Homes in Kansas Resource Trunk