Kansas Historical Society - Driving and parking directions
6425 SW 6th Avenue • Topeka KS 66615
- Construction is currently underway on the roundabout at 6th and Wanamaker and 6th Avenue is closed east of the roundabout. Access will be available to the Kansas Historical Society throughout the construction process.
- On I-70 in Topeka, take exit 356 to Wanamaker Road.
- Head north on Wanamaker Road to the roundabout at the 6th Avenue intersection.
- Navigate the roundabout so that you are headed west on 6th Avenue.
- Follow 6th Avenue west for three-fourths of a mile, at which point the road will make a sharp turn to the left (south).
- Follow the road through two additional curves before it enters the Kansas Historical Society parking lot.
- Parking is free.
- For safety reasons, please load and unload large groups at the entrance.
- Bus parking is designated at the south end of the parking lot.
- Bus drivers are admitted free of charge to the Museum.
- 6th Avenue does not continue to the west of the complex.