Kansas Museum of History - Plan your visit
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday, 1 - 5 p.m. Sunday
Take exit 356/Wanamaker Road on I-70 in western Topeka (map at right). Turn north, enter the roundabout, and follow the signs directing you west. We are surrounded by prairie and woodlands on 80 acres.
- Adult $8
- Senior citizen (65 and older) $7
- Military $7
- Student (pre-K through college with ID) $6
- Children five and under free with family
- Kansas Historical Foundation members free
- Guided tour, student $4
- Self-guided tour, student $2
- Rural School Days (four-hour program, does not include museum admission) $5
- Rural School Days (one-hour program, does not include museum admission) $2
- Behind the scenes tour $15
- Guided tour, adult group $8
- Self-guided tour, adult group $7
Public transportation is available through Topeka Transit via the #5 West 6th or #7 Huntoon purple routes, Social Security stop. Note: Requires walking and service is limited.
Enjoy four different loops on our nature trail. Open dawn to dusk.
- Free parking and picnic areas
- ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- Wheelchairs/strollers available
Discovery Place hands-on gallery
Hours: 1 - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday - Sunday; open mornings by appointment
Shop during visiting hours for a wide selection of gifts and books.