Kansas State Capitol - Plan your visit
The Kansas State Capitol offers historic tours that highlight the newly restored building. Beginning January 2, 2014, dome tours will resume at the Capitol. These guided tours are free of charge.
- Portions ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- Closed state holidays.
Parking is available underground, with the entrance on the north side of the Capitol complex. Limited parking is available during the legislative season, January - May.
detailed parking information
- Capitol map (PDF)
- Guide to the Capitol (PDF)
- Guide to the Capitol - Spanish version (PDF)
- Self-Guided Tour (PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt (PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt answers (PDF)
Groups and individuals can tour the Capitol Monday through Friday.
- January through May tours begin at 9, 10, 11 a.m. and 1, 2, and 3 p.m.
- June through December tours begin at 9 and 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m.
- Portions ADA accessible
- Advance reservation is requested.
- Learn more about the Capitol through our Online tour.
Capitol Store hours are 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday
Discover a variety of Kansas books, souvenirs, and other gifts.
Exit 362B on I-70, follow the signs to 10th and Jackson in Topeka, Kansas detailed driving instructions