Mine Creek Battlefield - Plan your visit
We invite you to visit Mine Creek Civil War Battlefield and discover more about this important place in Kansas history.
- Self-guided walk-through site open dawn to dusk daily
- 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- April - September 5: Wednesday - Saturday
- September 11 - October 31: Friday - Saturday
- Closed holidays
- $5 adults; $1 students; Kansas Historical Foundation members and children five and younger admitted free
- Portions ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- For groups of more than 10, we request two weeks prior notice.
- Site administrator; 913-352-8890
- Walk the only major Civil War battlefield in Kansas
- View interpretive trail exhibits
- Read excerpts from Samuel Reader's journal of his experience as a prisoner of war
- Find gifts and souvenirs related to the site at the Museum Store
- Became a state site in 1974
- In Kansapedia
- In Kansas Memory
- Kansas Memory - Battle of Mine Creek
- National Register nomination, listed in 1973