Nehemiah Green Letter & Postal Card, 1889-1906
Nehemiah Green miscellaneous ms. collection
- Related Records or Collections
- Index Terms
- Additional Information for Researchers
Typescript of a letter from Nehemiah Green, 1889 Mar. 6, to the presiding bishop and members of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Kansas Annual Conference, Lawrence, March 1889, sending greetings to fellow ministers & giving thoughts upon approaching the end of his life and a postal card, 1906 Jan. 10, from Elizabeth H. Purcell, Manhattan, Kan., to George W. Martin, Kansas State Historical Society, Topeka, with information about Nehemiah Green's wives and children.
2 items (1 folder)
Green, Nehemiah, 1837-1890.
Nehemiah Green letter (transcript) ; postal card
Portion of title:
- Letter (transcript) ; postal card
- Postal card
Other title: Governor Green
Misc.: Green, N
Text is in English
This finding aid describes materials held by the Kansas State Historical Society. Materials may be used in the Research Room in the society’s Center for Historical Research during regular research hours. Support for telephone, mail, and online reference and research is limited.
In a continuing effort to improve the completeness and accuracy of finding aids, revisions are made as more or new information becomes available. Consequently finding aids in paper format, on microfilm, and on the Society's web site may differ slightly.
Descriptions are often based on a preliminary inspection of the material. As such, they may contain misspellings or other inaccuracies based on folder headings and other sources within the materials. As the collections are arranged and as time permits, these finding aids are improved and corrected. If you spot an error, please feel free to report it to the reference staff or an archivist.
Kansas State Historical Society (Topeka)
Retired Methodist Episcopal minister, former lieutenant governor & governor; of Manhattan, Kan.
- Governor Green : typescript, [Lawrence, Kan.?] 1889 Mar. 6
- Elizabeth H. Purcell. Postal card : Manhattan, Kan., to George W. Martin, Kansas State Historical Society, Topeka, Kan., 1906 Jan. 10.
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in the repository and on its web site, http://www.kshs.org.
Kansas Governor Nehemiah Green letters sent, Nov. 1868-Jan. 1869, located in State archives holdings, Kansas State Historical Society (Topeka); finding aid at /research/collections/documents/govtrecords/governors/green.htm.
- Green, Nehemiah, 1837-1890.
- Martin, George W. (George Washington), 1841-1914. (correspondent)
- Purcell, Elizabeth H. (correspondent)
- Kansas State Historical Society. (correspondent)
- Methodist Episcopal Church - Kansas - Clergy - Biography.
- Methodist Episcopal Church. Kansas Conference. (correspondent)
Methodist Episcopal Church. Kansas Conference (34th : 1889 : Lawrence, Kan.) (correspondent)
- Manhattan (Kan.)
- Postcards - Kansas.
- Retired clergy - Kansas - Manhattan
Restrictions on Access
Restrictions on Use
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Typescript: Source unknown
Postal card: Transfer, Kansas State Historical Society correspondence files, date unknown.