Find a variety of resources online through the Kansas Historical Society.
- Development sessions - designed to incorporate Common Core English Language Arts Standards with Social Studies
- Kansas Memory — Our digital archives of primary sources on Kansas history.
- Territorial Kansas Online —Our virtual repository of primary sources related to Kansas Territory from 1854-1861.
Find a number of online exhibits, many of which offer images for use in the classroom.
Kansas history, events, traditions, and famous Kansans
- Kansapedia - Thousands of Kansas related topics; contribute your essays
- Famous Kansans trading cards - Sets for the classroom
- Food in Kansas - A cookbook for young Kansans with historical and nutritional information
- Chronicling America — Through a grant awarded to the Kansas Historical Society, 100,000 newspaper pages from our collection will be digitized. These pages come from newspapers dated from 1860-1922. A list of the Kansas newspapers that have been digitized can be found at Kansas Digital Newspaper Program.
- Read Kansas! lessons — Lesson plans using primary sources and Kansas Educational Standards for grades K-12.
- Traveling Resource trunks — Each trunk focus on a specific Kansas topic and includes high-quality hands-on reproductions.
- The Kansas Journey textbook — This textbook was written for middle school students but serves as a resource book for adults also. The book emphasizes the use of primary sources from our archives.
Archeology resources for teachers — For those teachers interested in archeology check our recommendations.
History Day - Past Kansas History Day contests