Reflections - Summer 2016
It’s 1856 and John Brown has just arrived in the territory.
- Step into the cabin that Brown used as his headquarters
- See archeological discoveries from the family cabin
- View the area where Brown’s violent cycle began
- Walk where Brown’s men first faced combat
- Tour a house that survived the Sack of Lawrence
- Visit the Underground Railroad station of one of Brown’s supporters
- Discover why the mural of Brown became so controversial
- Encounter some of the precious letters that Brown wrote
The Legend of “Osawatomie” Brown
Taste of Kansas Road Trip
The Taste of Kansas Tragic Prelude road trip is made possible through support by Freedom’s Frontier National Heritage Area.