Using the research room - Using our collections
Most of the areas where our collections are stored are not open to the public. The following will help you access the items you're looking for. Please note that we do not check out these materials for removal from the research room.
- Search our card or online catalogs to identify the call numbers for the items you need.
- Fill out a call slip for each item. Our reference staff will be happy to help if you need assistance.
- Give the completed call slips to the retrieval desk staff, who will bring the items to you at the reading tables in the middle of the room.
- You may request photocopies of pages from books or other paper items at the retrieval desk. The staff will make the copies for you.
- If we have a large number of photocopy requests, it may be necessary to mail your copies to you after you leave. We can also email digital copies of the materials to you.
- We also allow the use of digital cameras without flash by patrons, but please ask staff first for instructions on handling the materials while you photograph them.
Our reference staff will be happy to help you throughout your visit to the research room. Individuals in need of access assistance or auxiliary aids and services are asked to contact the Historical Society prior to their visit.
The following links provide additional information about using the research room: