Using the research room - When you arrive
Welcome to the State Archives research room!
- Please check in at reference desk (directly inside doors)
- First time visitors will need to read our researcher policy and present photo ID to register
- Research cards expire annually on June 30
- Please store belongings - purses, backpacks, cell phones, etc. - in the locker room outside the research room
- Coin operated lockers are available (quarters available at reference desk if you need change)
- Research papers, notebooks, and computers are allowed in research room. For security reasons, reference staff will ask to look through your materials at the end of your visit.
- Electrical outlets and wireless internet available
Our reference staff will be happy to help you throughout your visit to the research room. Individuals in need of access assistance or auxiliary aids and services are asked to contact the Historical Society prior to their visit.
The following links provide additional information about using the research room: