State Archives - Plan Your Visit
Find helpful information to plan your visit to the Kansas State Archives.
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday
Closed state holidays, please check our calendar
No entrance fee
ADA accessible, ADA accessible parking in rear, wheelchairs available
You may find it helpful to browse our using the research room pages and guide to using the research room (PDF) before visiting.
School groups and organizations can schedule guided tours of the State Archives.
Browse our events calendar
Enjoy four different loops on our Nature trail. Open dawn to dusk.
- Free parking and picnic areas
- ADA accessible
- Wheelchairs/strollers available
- Snack bar
- Discovery Place hands-on gallery
Shop our Museum Store during visiting hours for a wide selection of gifts and books.
- 6425 SW 6th Avenue, TopekaPrintable map
- Take exit 356/Wanamaker Road on I-70 in western Topeka (map at right). Turn north, enter the roundabout, and follow the signs directing you west for about 1 mile.We are surrounded by prairie and woodlands on 80 acres. .
- Public transportation is available through Topeka Transit via the #5 West 6th or #7 Huntoon purple routes, Social Security stop. NOTE: Requires walking and service is limited.