Jump to Navigation

Contact staff by program/division

Cultural Resources
Museum and Education
State Archives
Kansas Historical Foundation


Administration Division Ext. 243
  Birthday Parties Ext. 415
  Facilities Rental Ext. 170
  Public Information/Marketing Ext. 262 or 263
Cultural Resources Division  
     Access to collections/records Ext. 269
     Archeological sites, potential destruction Ext. 269
     Archeological sites, reporting by citizens and amateur archeologists Ext. 266
     Artifacts, conservation/storage Ext. 151  
     Artifacts, donations Ext. 151
     Artifacts, identification of unearthed objects Ext. 266
     Associations Ext. 266
     Burials, human (unmarked) Ext. 269
     Contract archeology Ext. 267 & 257
     Journals/publications Ext. 269
     Lab, archeology Ext. 151
     Legal issues Ext. 269
     Project Archaeology Ext. 266
     Public programs/events
        Kansas Archeology Training Program (KATP)
Ext. 266
     Review & Compliance (Notice of Intent, Section 106) Ext. 225
     SHPO Archeologist Ext. 214
     State Archeologist Ext. 269
     Volunteers, archeology Ext. 151
  Historic Preservation  
     Certified local governments (CLGs) Ext. 215
     Grants, preservation
        Heritage Trust Fund (HTF)
        Historic Preservation Fund (HPF)
Ext. 215
  Historic Sites Ext. 211
For questions regarding materials, exhibits, or donations related to American Indian history Ext. 151 or 266
Education and Museum Division  
  Admission Ext. 413
  Care of three-dimensional objects Ext. 407
  Classroom materials/curriculum Ext. 416
  Discovery Place  Ext. 425
  Exhibits, how to develop Ext. 403
  History & Environmental Fair Ext. 415
  In-Service Opportunities Ext. 416
  Kansas Day at the Museum Ext. 425
  Kansas Day at the Capitol 785-296-3966
  Museum After Hours Ext. 425, 427
  Offers of donations, three-dimensional objects Ext. 427, 452
  Project Archaeology Ext. 266
  Read Kansas! lesson plans Ext. 416
     Museum guided tours
     Museum self-guided visits
     Capitol tours
     Nature trail

Ext. 415
Ext. 415
Ext. 415
  Traveling Resource Trunks

Ext. 425
  Volunteer Opportunities Ext. 415
  Public programs Ext. 415
For questions regarding museum collections or the donation of three-dimensional items Ext. 427, 452
State Archives Division Ext. 117
  Care and preservation of photographs and documents Ext. 301
  Collections (published), donations Ext. 272
  Collections (unpublished and photographs), donations Ext. 270
  Imaging orders, permissions and use fees Ext. 270
Ext. 132
  Interlibrary loan Ext. 118
  Kansas Memory, digital archives Ext. 284
  Land survey Ext. 254
  Records management Ext. 288
  Reference desk Ext. 117
  Research room Ext. 117
  State Archives Ext. 271
For questions regarding the donation of photographs or paper items (manuscripts, diaries, business records, etc.), contact the reference desk Ext. 270
Ext. 117
Kansas Historical Foundation  
  Membership/Development Ext. 209
  Retail Ext. 454
Make donations to the Kansas Historical Society, or cash, stock, or include us in estate plans. Monetary donations can also be made through the Museum Store Online